- Riverside Theatre is seeking original monologues with the theme of This Will Never Work (tales of round pegs in square holes. . .hare-brained schemes. . .and skeptics proved wrong). Up to two submissions per author of original, unpublished and unproduced monologues less than ten minutes length (please read it aloud and include the approximate performance time on the first page of your submission; all lengths of up to ten minutes will be considered, with the objective of choosing monologues of varying lengths). Selection considerations: Intentionally paired monologues that present two voices or points of view on the same moment will be considered. Monologues should have strong forward action and a clear dramatic event or moment. Copy requirements: double spaced in a minimum 12 pt. font, and including the playwright's name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- Simple is best. Since "Walking the Wire" typically includes 10-12 monologues, it is important that each one require as little production as possible; set-pieces, props, or effects needing set-up, strike, or special technical support may disqualify an otherwise excellent submission.
- Email submissions (Word document attachment) must be dated by midnight CST September 15, 2011. Final selections will announced on Riverside Theatre's website, www.riversidetheatre.org on November 1, 2011.
- Writers will be credited in all marketing and playbill materials; no royalties will be paid. Walking the Wire will be produced March 2-11, 2012. Playwrights are entitled to two complimentary tickets to any single performance; tickets are not transferable.
- Submissions should be emailed to: [email protected]