September 15th Deadline for Monologue Submissions to Walking the Wire: TMI
Riverside Theatre invites playwrights to submit monologues for performance in Walking the Wire. This annual celebration of original work features monologues of ten minutes or less by both established and emerging playwrights. The focus for this season’s monologues is: TMI. Submissions must be emailed as a Word or PDF document and dated by midnight CST September 15, 2012; final selections will be announced on Riverside Theatre’s website (www.riversidetheatre.org) on November 1, 2012. The monologues will be performed March 1-10, 2013 at Riverside Theatre.
Riverside Theatre is seeking original monologues with the theme of TMI (too much information): moments of startling revelations…wince-worthy weirdness…and hilarious personal habits (that didn’t really need to be shared).
- Up to two submissions per author of original, unpublished and unproduced monologues less than ten minutes length (please read it aloud and include the approximate performance time on the first page of your submission; all lengths of up to ten minutes will be considered, with the objective of choosing monologues of varying lengths).
- Selection considerations: Monologues should have strong forward action and a clear dramatic event or moment.
- Copy requirements: double spaced in a minimum 12 pt. font, and including the playwright's name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- Simple is best. Since Walking the Wire typically includes 10-12 monologues, it is important that each one require as little production as possible; set-pieces, props or effects needing set-up, strike, or special technical support may disqualify an otherwise excellent submission.
- Email submissions (Word or PDF document attachment) must be dated by midnight CST September 15, 2012. Final selections will announced on Riverside Theatre’s website, www.riversidetheatre.org on November 1, 2012.
- Writers will be credited in all marketing and playbill materials; no royalties will be paid. Walking the Wire will be produced March 1-10, 2013. Playwrights are entitled to two complimentary tickets to any single performance; tickets are not transferable.
- Submissions should be emailed to: [email protected]