We’re excited to announce our new initiative: production volunteers.
Production volunteers are hands-on and “part of the art.” They assist with creating costumes, building and painting sets, loading shows in and out of performance spaces, and cleaning and organizing the spaces our actors and crews use, among other projects.
More coming soon!
Our most urgent needs are for our upcoming summer season in Lower City Park, which includes Shakespeare’s Pericles, Prince of Tyre and Thomas Heywood’s The Fair Maid of the West.
Apply to be a production volunteer
Why be a production volunteer?
- Be part of the art. Watching a show you touched come to life can provide a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction. We’ll have fun, work hard, and support the unique works Riverside produces through our efforts.
- Complimentary tickets. For every 8 hours you contribute, you’ll earn a complimentary ticket to any show in the next calendar year. We’ll also be hosting an appreciation party (date TBD) for anyone who donates their time and skill during the season.
- Hone or learn a new skill. Riverside employs some incredible local talent with a wealth of experience, many of whom are looking for volunteer help. Hone your skills from those in the know and maybe even learn something new!
- Make new friends and reconnect with old ones. Contributing to your community brings people together toward a common goal. We have fun. We bond. We get stuff done.
- Giving back. Supporting the arts is a great way to give back to your community, whether you’ve lived here your whole life or just moved in.
Have more questions about production volunteers? Contact [email protected].
Box Office Volunteers
The Box Office Volunteers are the people who donate their time to ushering and working the concession stand during performances. In exchange for their work, box office volunteers receive a seat in the audience for the show during which they volunteer.
Interested in being a box office volunteer? Contact the box office manager, Andy Sohn, at [email protected].