"Dancing Lessons" has been drawing a lot of attention during its run. Here's a look at what local writers and audience members have to say so far.
1. The Daily Iowan featured an in-depth story about the process of putting Dancing Lessons together, including interviews with the cast, director and designer. The show was also previewed in articles by Iowa Theatre Blog and Little Village Magazine.
2. Diana Nollen of The Cedar Rapids Gazette featured Dancing Lessons in a feature story about how theatre productions address mental health.
3. In its review, Iowa Theatre Blog called Dancing Lessons "an extremely intimate show, powerfully realized by a fantastic director and two smart actors." Reviewer Matt Falduto added, "If this show is an example of the artistic vision of Osheroff, Riverside Theatre is in good hands."
4. According to the review in Little Village Magazine, "This show should be performed, and seen, as many times as possible before its moment has passed."
5. The Iowa City Press-Citizen review by Zach Berg notes that "With honesty, a focus on fostering two characters and a belief in the Shakespeare quote that brevity is the soul of wit, Dancing Lessons is a fully-realized, and emotional, experience."
6. See photos from the show by Bob Goodfellow.
7. We spoke with audience members after the show on opening weekend of "Dancing Lessons" to get their thoughts. Here's what they had to say.
8. Dennis Green of KCCK interviewed the cast for the latest episode of "Culture Crawl."